In the past, we have organized master classes in the field of building and room acoustics and more specifically, speech intelligibility.
The topics that were covered in master classes varied and focused mostly on developments in room and building acoustics. Building techniques are developing at a vast pace. More and more, buildings are made of lightweight structures. Also, architects are eagerly exploring new materials for wall finishes, facades or furniture for example. In acoustics, new calculation models and measurement techniques are being developed and there is extensive research into these new structures and materials. Vibrations started to be a topic addressed. For a full explanation see the topics on the previous page.
Previous master classes
The first master class took place in October 2007 with the title “The transmission of sound and vibration at building junctions” by Prof. E.(Eddy) Gerretsen in Dutch. It was a second time success in 2008. After that, the first international master class on room acoustics took place in April 2009 by dr. A.C. Gade, followed by the third building acoustics master class by E. Gerretsen in May 2009. Since then there have been master classes every few years. All master classes since then have been fully international.
A full list of previous master classes is given below.
- Master class Building Acoustics by prof. ir. E. Gerretsen (2007)
- Master class Building Acoustics by prof. ir. E. Gerretsen (2008)
- Master class Acoustics for Symphonic Music by dr. A.C. Gade (2009)
- Master class Building Acoustics by prof. ir. E. Gerretsen (2009)
- Master class Room Acoustic Prediction Modelling by dr. J.H. Rindel (2009)
- Master class Room Acoustics for the Performing Arts by dr. E. Kahle (2010)
- Master class Building Acoustics by prof. ir. E. Gerretsen (2011)
- Master class Building Acoustics by prof. ir. E. Gerretsen (2015)
- Master class Speech Intelligibility by Adj. prof. V. Hongisto (2015)